INVOLVE ASIA REFERRAL PROGRAM

Custome Keto Diet

Suggested Mass Line-Up for December 18, 2011 (4th Sunday of Advent and 3rd day of Simbang Gabi)

December 18, 2011
4th Sunday of Advent – Year B
Liturgical Color : Purple


Just few months ago, I learned that I have a colon cancer. The time that I knew it, I ask HIM. Why me? Why me who serve you and devoted my time to make you happy? A lot of questions came that time to my mind questioning HIM. But at the end, I sat down and think that maybe this is a test for me and to my family.

I belong to a poor family where I and my mother only work for us. My father doesn’t have a permanent job. So when my doctor told me to proceed to Cebu City for Colonoscopy, I just told myself that “Brian all you need to do is to pray because you know that you cannot afford for that kind of medication.” So until now I continue praying that GOD will heal me. GOD will cure my ill. And I hope that you too will pray for me. Hope you will do. I know GOD has purpose for giving this to me and I will accept this with my entire heart.

Brothers and sisters here are my suggestions for the songs of the mass this Sunday.

Entrance:
1.      Ayaw Paglangan Ginoo (Ad-I)
2.      Umanhi ka, Ayaw Paglangan
3.      Balang Araw (Borres, Francisco)
Suggestion ko lang ‘toh; anyone can very well disagree: Palitan yung ‘Narito na’ng Manunubos, luwalhatiin ang Diyos!’ into ‘Darating na’ng Manunubos, luwalhatiin ang Diyos!’ 
4.      Bayan, umawit “sapagkat ngayon ika’y pinili” is reminiscent of choosiness
5.      All the Ends of the Earth (Dufford). Change all “has come” to will come.
6.      Let Heaven rejoice (Dufford). Focus on stanzas 1 and 2.
7.      Magnificat (Te Deum)

Kyrie:
1.      Ginoo Kaloy-I Kami (Fernandez)
2.      Panginoon, Maawa Ka (Francisco)
3.      Lord, Have Mercy (Francisco, Reyes)

SIMBANG GABI MASS SCHEDULES: MERONG GLORIA. MERONG ALELUYA.
REGULAR SUNDAY MASS SCHEDULES: WALANG GLORIA. MERONG ALELUYA.

Lighting of the 4th Candle in the Advent Wreath: 

O Come Divine Messiah 
Halina, O Jesus (Isidro/Que)
Halina, Hesus (Javellana/Hontiveros)



First Reading:
2 Samuel 7:1-11, 16
7:1 Now when the king was settled in his house, and the LORD had given him rest from all his enemies around him,

7:2 the king said to the prophet Nathan, "See now, I am living in a house of cedar, but the ark of God stays in a tent."

7:3 Nathan said to the king, "Go, do all that you have in mind; for the LORD is with you."

7:4 But that same night the word of the LORD came to Nathan:

7:5 Go and tell my servant David: Thus says the LORD: Are you the one to build me a house to live in?

7:6 I have not lived in a house since the day I brought up the people of Israel from Egypt to this day, but I have been moving about in a tent and a tabernacle.

7:7 Wherever I have moved about among all the people of Israel, did I ever speak a word with any of the tribal leaders of Israel, whom I commanded to shepherd my people Israel, saying, "Why have you not built me a house of cedar?"

7:8 Now therefore thus you shall say to my servant David: Thus says the LORD of hosts: I took you from the pasture, from following the sheep to be prince over my people Israel;

7:9 and I have been with you wherever you went, and have cut off all your enemies from before you; and I will make for you a great name, like the name of the great ones of the earth.

7:10 And I will appoint a place for my people Israel and will plant them, so that they may live in their own place, and be disturbed no more; and evildoers shall afflict them no more, as formerly,

7:11 from the time that I appointed judges over my people Israel; and I will give you rest from all your enemies. Moreover the LORD declares to you that the LORD will make you a house.

7:16 Your house and your kingdom shall be made sure forever before me; your throne shall be established forever.

Responsorial Psalm
Luke 1:46b-55
1:46b "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,

1:48 for he has looked with favor on the lowliness of his servant. Surely, from now on all generations will call me blessed;

1:49 for the Mighty One has done great things for me, and holy is his name.

1:50 His mercy is for those who fear him from generation to generation.

1:51 He has shown strength with his arm; he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts.

1:52 He has brought down the powerful from their thrones, and lifted up the lowly;

1:53 he has filled the hungry with good things, and sent the rich away empty.

1:54 He has helped his servant Israel, in remembrance of his mercy,

1:55 according to the promise he made to our ancestors, to Abraham and to his descendants forever." 

OR

Psalm 89:1-4, 19-26 
89:1 I will sing of your steadfast love, O LORD, forever; with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations.

89:2 I declare that your steadfast love is established forever; your faithfulness is as firm as the heavens.

89:3 You said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to my servant David:

89:4 'I will establish your descendants forever, and build your throne for all generations.'" Selah

89:19 Then you spoke in a vision to your faithful one, and said: "I have set the crown on one who is mighty, I have exalted one chosen from the people.

89:20 I have found my servant David; with my holy oil I have anointed him;

89:21 my hand shall always remain with him; my arm also shall strengthen him.

89:22 The enemy shall not outwit him, the wicked shall not humble him.

89:23 I will crush his foes before him and strike down those who hate him.

89:24 My faithfulness and steadfast love shall be with him; and in my name his horn shall be exalted.

89:25 I will set his hand on the sea and his right hand on the rivers.

89:26 He shall cry to me, 'You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation!' 

Second Reading:
Romans 16:25-27 
16:25 Now to God who is able to strengthen you according to my gospel and the proclamation of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery that was kept secret for long ages

16:26 but is now disclosed, and through the prophetic writings is made known to all the Gentiles, according to the command of the eternal God, to bring about the obedience of faith --

16:27 to the only wise God, through Jesus Christ, to whom be the glory forever! Amen. 
Alleluia:
  1. Ang Ginoo, Among Kahayag (D12)
  2. Aleluya! Ang Pulong Mo (D9)
  3. Aleluya Wikain Mo
  4. Alleluya (Francisco-Arboleda-Reyes)

Gospel:
Luke 1:26-38
1:26 In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent by God to a town in Galilee called Nazareth,

1:27 to a virgin engaged to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. The virgin's name was Mary.

1:28 And he came to her and said, "Greetings, favored one! The Lord is with you."

1:29 But she was much perplexed by his words and pondered what sort of greeting this might be.

1:30 The angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.

1:31 And now, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you will name him Jesus.

1:32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his ancestor David.

1:33 He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end."

1:34 Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I am a virgin?"

1:35 The angel said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you; therefore the child to be born will be holy; he will be called Son of God.

1:36 And now, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month for her who was said to be barren.

1:37 For nothing will be impossible with God."

1:38 Then Mary said, "Here am I, the servant of the Lord; let it be with me according to your word." Then the angel departed from her. 

PERSONAL REFLECTION:

There are two distinct and opposing traditions in the Bible, one that opposes monarchy, kingship, as being bad and making people only slaves, and a pro-monarchy, pro-kingship tradition that sees that type of leadership as good. Both types are clearly seen in the Old Testament, but what we read today seems to be very much pro-monarchy. Israel’s second King, David was firmly established on the throne of Israel when he realized that even though he was firmly established as King and had a beautiful home, fit for a king, that God was still dwelling in a tent.  The ark of the covenant which had followed the people as they travelled back to their land, was still unhoused.  So David called Nathan to him and said that he wanted to build God a home, a temple. The prophet Nathan thought that was a wonderful idea. God had anointed David and was pleased with David. God was with David, so Nathan told him to go ahead and do what he planned to do.
But, as usual, God saw things in a different way. You can almost hear God laughing at David. How can you contain me. I am the Creator of all things. How can I be housed? And the God goes on to explain how he has taken care of his people, how he has shepherded them, and goes on to promise David that “I will raise up your offspring after you… I will be a father to him, and he shall be a son to me. Your throne shall be established forever.”
When we look back on this with Christian eyes, we can see that God has been housed in his own creation: In Jesus Christ he has become incarnate. The creator has become part of creation. And through the line of David has this happened.  So the prophecy has been fulfilled in Jesus: God is a father to Jesus, and Jesus is his son. The throne of David will last forever through Jesus. This is also how we can call Christ our King. This is what Paul talks about in the second reading today when he talks about the “revelation of the mystery”, the “secret” that has been “disclosed”, and how through the prophets and their prophecies fulfillment, Christ can be known not just to Israelites but to all people.
And so, the Gospel today is the fulfillment of that prophecy that came in a message to the prophet Nathan. Jesus is the culmination of that message, and it is through another message and messenger that it becomes known to a young, virginal, betrothed girl. Notice that both messages from God start off the same way: The Lord is with you. Also, as part of the message, both David and Mary are told that their prodigy will be made great. “I will make for you a great name like the name of the great ones of the earth,” God says to Nathan about David and his seed.  To Mary, the angel says: “He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High, and the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David. He will reign…forever.”
The parallelism in these two stories is so complimentary and beautiful. Luke’s point, is of course, that Christ is the fulfillment of Jewish prophecy, and his birth begins a new age, that birth which we will celebrate throughout the world next week. And only God can bring this about.  It is only through divine intervention that this can happen. And what we are doing in Advent, doing today, is bringing what is past into the present. Jesus comes again every Christmas, and we get to experience the wonder of that miracle each year. That in Jesus we have seen and experienced God.
Lastly, I would like to comment on Mary’s acceptance of this divine intervention.  It is true that there were many myths from Greece and other Middle Eastern countries that had gods impregnating women. And it is also true, that people at this time didn’t know much but the very basics of how impregnation came about. They had, in fact, some bizarre ideas about it. One of the main differences, though, is in Mary’s acceptance of God’s gift in contrast to the rapes in most of the mythology when a God has sex with a mortal. What is important is not a scientific explanation of how it happened, though, even when our modern scientific minds might be interested. For Luke, it is simply the fact that the child was going to be holy, the offspring of God. And because, for Luke, God can do anything, he has the angel tell Mary that a barren cousin, past the age of child-bearing was also with child, one who would be the end of the Old testament, just as Mary’s child would be the beginning of the new. Mary’s response: “Let it be done to me according to your word” is the response that is a resounding “yes” to the story of our salvation, to the beginning of a new contract between God and his people, and the start of 2000 years of his reign which will never end. Unlike the Roman Emperor who was also called Son of God and Lord, this Lord would promise a kingdom of peace and social justice, not through war and conquering, but through love and caring. I will end today with a quotation from Marcus Borg which is a fitting conclusion to our Advent:
“Past, present, and future are brought together in Advent. It is a season of expectant anticipation, of anticipatory joy. It is also a season of repentant preparation for a future that is yet to come.” (Borg. First Christmas: What the Gospels Really Teach About Jesus. p. 156)
And this is the Good News we have been preparing for, the Good News we will celebrate for the 2011th time next week, and the Good News that we have inherited from our God: “Let it be done to me according to your word!”

Offertory:
  1. Gasa sa Gugma (Koro Viannista) good choice
  2. Daygon Ikaw, Ginoong Dios
  3. Gasa Namo Kanimo
  4. Paghahandog ng Sarili “Kunin Mo o Diyos at tanggapin Mo ang aking kalayaan, ang aking kalooban...”
    Many offertory songs are very parallel to Mary’s fiat.
  5. Panalanging Maging Bukas Palad (Rodrigo & Ramirez)
  6. Narito Ako (Rene San Andres)
  7. Mula sa ‘Yo (Manoling Francisco SJ)
  8. Christify 
  9. Dwelling Place “May Christ find a dwelling place in our hearts” 

Sanctus:
1.      Santos (Mass III Villanueva)
2.      Santo, Santo, Santo (Francisco-Arboleda-Torres)
3.      Holy, Holy, Holy (Dufford-Schutte)

Acclamation:
1.      Si Kristo atong Handumon (Cebuano version of Si Kristo ay Gunitain)
2.      Si Kristo’y Namatay (Hontiveros)
3.      Memorial Acclamation (Marcelo-Fenomeno)

Amen:
1.      Amen Pagdaygon ang Dios
2.      Dakilang Amen (Francisco)
3.      Amen Alleluia (Bayogos)

Pater Noster:
1.      Amahan Namo
2.      Ama Namin (Francisco-Arboleda-Torres)
3.      Our Father (Pat-Martell)

Doxology:
1.      Kay Imo Man
2.      Sapagkat Sa’yo ang Kaharian (Francisco-Arboleda-Torress)
3.      For The Kingdom

Agnus Dei:
1.      Kordero sa Dios (Pastorella version by Fr. Villanueva)
2.      Kordero ng Diyos (Hontiveros)
3.      Lamb of God (Folk)

Communion:
1.      Panahon na Karon sa Pagbag-o, literally Christians repent during Advent and Lent season. So this is a good choice
2.      O Dios, Ikaw Haduol
3.      Andani, Pag-andam sa Ani, the main keyword is Pag-andam. For his coming we should prepare.
4.      Ginoo, Sayud Ka sa Tanan (Ad-7)
5.      Panahon Na
6.      Emmanuel (Gozum/Francisco), 
7.      Oyayi (Cenacle Sisters/Prayers from the Upper Room) 
8.      Panginoon, hanggang kailan? (Isidro, Ramirez)
9.      The Face of God (Manoling Francisco SJ)
10.  The King of Glory (WF Jabusch)
11.  Emmanuel (Gozum & Francisco)

Recessional:
1.      Umanhi ka Mesiyas
2.      Awit ni Maria sa Pagdayeg
3.      Ang Tawag sa Panahon
4.      Panginoon, Hanggang Kailan? (Isidro & Ramirez)
5.      Aba Ginoong Maria. Sobrang swak sa G.
6.      Abang Maria (Manoling Francisco) 
7.      I will sing forever (Swak sa RP)
8.      Hail Mary
9.      The King of Glory (“He is Emmanuel, the Promised of Ages”)
10.  Wait for the Lord. 

Have a blessed week everyone J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say what's on your mind....

SHOPEE 9.9 GRAND SALE

BUKAS PALAD SONGS

Vatican News - English

CBCPNews