INVOLVE ASIA REFERRAL PROGRAM

Custome Keto Diet

Suggested Song for September 16, 2012 Mass


September 16, 2012
24th Sunday in Ordinary Time (Year B)
Liturgical Color: Green

“Setting Your Mind in Divine Things”

For the better understanding of the implementation of the New English translation of the Roman Missal, please watch this video courtesy of Diocese of Novaliches.


Please click any advertisement of our blog so that we will earn for the privatization of the domain of this site. Thank you!

For the new guide of the Mass please click this and download this PDF format document courtesy of USSCB. Click here!

Entrance…
1.     Diha sa Halaran
2.     Pag-inambitay
3.     Diosnong Magtutudlo
4.     Awit ng Pasasalamat (Hontiveros) 
5.     Dinggin Mo (Esteban, Hontiveros) 
6.     Blest Be the Lord (Schutte)
First Reading Is 50:5-9a
The Lord GOD opens my ear that I may hear;
and I have not rebelled,
have not turned back.
I gave my back to those who beat me,
my cheeks to those who plucked my beard;
my face I did not shield
from buffets and spitting.

The Lord GOD is my help,
therefore I am not disgraced;
I have set my face like flint,
knowing that I shall not be put to shame.
He is near who upholds my right;
if anyone wishes to oppose me,
let us appear together.
Who disputes my right?
Let that man confront me.
See, the Lord GOD is my help;
who will prove me wrong?
Responsorial Psalm Ps 114:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 8-9
R. (9) I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
or:
R. 
Alleluia.
I love the LORD because he has heard
my voice in supplication,
Because he has inclined his ear to me
the day I called.
R. 
I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
or:
R. 
Alleluia.
The cords of death encompassed me;
the snares of the netherworld seized upon me;
I fell into distress and sorrow,
And I called upon the name of the LORD,
"O LORD, save my life!"
R. 
I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
or:
R. 
Alleluia.
Gracious is the LORD and just;
yes, our God is merciful.
The LORD keeps the little ones;
I was brought low, and he saved me.
R. 
I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
or:
R. 
Alleluia.
For he has freed my soul from death,
my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.
I shall walk before the Lord
in the land of the living.
R. 
I will walk before the Lord, in the land of the living.
or:
R. 
Alleluia.
Second Reading  Jas 2:14-18
What good is it, my brothers and sisters,
if someone says he has faith but does not have works?
Can that faith save him?
If a brother or sister has nothing to wear
and has no food for the day,
and one of you says to them,
"Go in peace, keep warm, and eat well, "
but you do not give them the necessities of the body,
what good is it?
So also faith of itself,
if it does not have works, is dead.

Indeed someone might say,
"You have faith and I have works."
Demonstrate your faith to me without works,
and I will demonstrate my faith to you from my works.
Gospel Mk 8:27-35
Jesus and his disciples set out
for the villages of Caesarea Philippi.
Along the way he asked his disciples,
"Who do people say that I am?"
They said in reply,
"John the Baptist, others Elijah,
still others one of the prophets."
And he asked them,
"But who do you say that I am?"
Peter said to him in reply,
"You are the Christ."
Then he warned them not to tell anyone about him.

He began to teach them
that the Son of Man must suffer greatly
and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes,
and be killed, and rise after three days.
He spoke this openly.
Then Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him.
At this he turned around and, looking at his disciples,
rebuked Peter and said, "Get behind me, Satan.
You are thinking not as God does, but as human beings do."

He summoned the crowd with his disciples and said to them,
"Whoever wishes to come after me must deny himself,
take up his cross, and follow me.
For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it,
but whoever loses his life for my sake
and that of the gospel will save it."

Reflections of the Readings (Sept. 16)
Good morning to all! May the grace of the Lord Jesus be with you all as you listen and hear the message of today's Scripture readings.

From today's First Reading, we can easily perceive that the great prophet Isaiah had his spiritual mind set on Divine things. As the ambassador of the Lord, from his mouth flowed prophetic words of the sufferings and death of the Lord Jesus that were to occur approximately seven hundred and fifty years later.

During this spiritual manifestation, Isaiah said, "The Lord God has opened my ear, and I was not rebellious, I did not turn backward. I gave my back to those who struck me, and my cheeks to those who pulled out the beard; I did not hide my face from insult and spitting."

From these holy words, we can perceive that it is a reference to the heavenly Father sending His only begotten Son Jesus as the promised Messiah. We can perceive the obedience of the Lord Jesus who was not rebellious against the Divine Will of the heavenly Father. We remember the passion of Jesus that is found in the Gospel of Matthew where it says, "Then they spat in his face and struck him; and some slapped him." [Mt. 16:67] We remember the insults again His Divine Person when the soldiers said, "Prophecy to us, you Messiah!" Who is it that struck you?" [Mt. 16:68]

Isaiah continued by saying, "The Lord God helps me; therefore I have not been disgraced; I have set my face like flint, and I know that I shall not be put to shame; he who vindicates me is near."

Truly, the Lord Jesus was exonerated. "He is the Head of the Body, the Church; He is the beginning, the Firstborn from the dead, so that He might come to have first place in everything. For in Him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through Him God was pleased to reconcile to Himself all things, whether on earth or in Heaven, by making peace through the Blood of His Cross." [Col. 1:18-20]

Next, from the mouth of the prophet came questions, "Who will contend with me? Let us stand up together. Who are my adversaries? Let them confront me. It is the Lord God who helps me; who will declare me guilty?"

Who will stand by Jesus? Let them come forward and stand beside Him. Who are His enemies? Let them challenge Him. It is the Lord God alone who will help Him. Who dares to declare the Lord Jesus guilty of any crime?

As the Holy Bible tells us, the disciples of Jesus did not stand beside the Lord when He was arrested. They deserted Him and fled. [Mt. 26:56] But things had "to be this way for the scriptures to be fulfilled, which say it must happen in this way." [Mt. 26:54] In the end, after Christ was buried, it is God alone who helped the Lord by raising Him from the dead. [1 Cor. 6:14] All of this had to happen for our sake. The heavenly Father made Jesus to be sin, He who knew no sin, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. [2 Cor. 5:21]

Through these accurate prophecies, we can perceive how the great prophet Isaiah was filled with the Holy Spirit. His example of living faith tells us to set our hearts on Divine things so we too can enjoy a priceless personal relationship with the Lord God as he did. When one sets his heart on Divine things, the Holy Spirit inspires him according to the Divine Plan for the benefit of the individual and the Church.

During today's Second Reading, we heard St. James speaking on the subject of faith. What is faith? Is it human faith, such as many enjoy by only believing in Jesus Christ for their salvation and then resting the rest of their lives? Or is it a faith that involves setting our hearts on Divine things?

According to St. James, "What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if you say you have faith but do not have works? Can faith save you?"

If we see someone in need, a relative, a parishioner, a neighbour, or even a stranger, and we say, "Go in peace." without lifting a finger to reach out and help, what good is that? Is that a spiritual action? Does it equal the love that Jesus had for others?

What good is faith if we neglect the promise that we made during the Sacrament of Confirmation? "By the strength of the Holy Spirit," we were commanded "to spread and defend the faith by word and action as true witnesses of Christ, to confess the name of Christ boldly, and never to be ashamed of the Cross." (C.C.C. # 1303)

"So faith by itself, if it has no works, is dead."

Someone might say to me, "I have faith and you have works as a priest." In answer to this, I say, "Show me your faith apart from your works, and I by my works will show you my faith."

True faith is living faith! It is a faith that bears fruit of the indwelling Holy Spirit. There is no such thing as an indwelling Holy Spirit who is dormant. The grace of God is always at work! As such, the Holy Spirit always moves the soul to desire to be sanctified so it can shine in love towards others by charitable acts; so it can share the good news; so it can draw others to their living faith in Christ. These are some of the signs of living faith.

If we do not have these signs, we do not have the Holy Spirit. If we do not have the Holy Spirit, we do not bear fruits, these being works of God manifested through us. And, if we do not bear fruits, we do not have faith. For faith without works is dead!

These results can only be achieved by continuously, day and night, setting our minds on spiritual things. These results can only be achieved when we obey the commandments of God through the teachings of Jesus Christ in humility and servitude.

As we heard during today's Gospel Reading, on their way to the villages of Caesarea Philippi, Jesus asked His disciples, "Who do people say that I am?" They responded by saying that some believed He was John the Baptist, other Elijah and still others, one of the prophets.

From these answers, it is clear that the people had their minds set on spiritual things, being able to make an association between the works of Jesus versus the works of those previously mentioned.

When the disciples were asked, "But who do you say that I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Messiah." In this case, not only did Peter have his mind set on spiritual things, but the grace of God was also at work through him by the power of the Holy Spirit. For no one can learn and know Divine truths unless inspired by the Holy Spirit.

Shortly after, the Lord Jesus began to teach that the Son of Man must undergo great suffering and be rejected by the elders, the chief priests, and the scribes, and be killed, and after three days rise again.

Peter was offended by these words. Reverting to the blindness of the worldly mind that dwells in the human nature, he took Jesus aside and began to rebuke Him. Consequently, the Lord Jesus rebuked Peter and said, "Get behind me, Satan! For you are setting your mind not on divine things, but on human things."

Here we see the weakness of man! While he has the capability to walk his living faith by continuously keeping his mind on Divine things, the moment his comfort zone is threatened, he reverts to his old self. He immediately lets go of his spiritual ways when his peers, his wealth, his fame, his pleasures, or other worldly ways threaten his stability in this world. He forgets that the Holy Spirit is like the wind. He blows where He chooses. You hear the sound of the wind, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. [Jn. 3:8]

To set one's mind on Divine things, one must let himself flow with the Holy Spirit. He must deny himself, take up his cross and follow the Lord Jesus.

For those who want to save their life will lose it, and those who lose their life for the sake of Jesus, and for the sake of the Gospel, will save it.

My brothers and sisters in Christ, are your minds set on Divine things? Do you have a living faith in Christ, one that bears holy works? This week, reflect upon these questions. And, if there is a necessity to do so, change your lives so the Holy Spirit may freely flow through each and every one of you.

Offertory…
1.     Daygon Ikaw Ginoong Dios
2.     Mugna Sa Dios
3.     Dios Nia Ko
4.     Ania O Dios
5.     Narito Ako (San Andres)
6.     Narito Ako, Panginoon (Que)
7.     Pag-aalay (Francisco)
8.     Kung ‘Yong Nanaisin (Francisco) A little bit Lenten though. 
9.     Prayer for Generosity (Arboleda)
10.   Earthen Vessels (Foley) Stanza 2 ang priority.
11.   How Shall I Sing to God? (Haas) 

Communion…
1.     Kini Maong Akong Lawas
2.     Balaan nga Gugma
3.     Buta
4.     Ako ang Kahayag
5.     Ama Kong Mahal (Aquino) 
6.     Ang Mabuhay sa Pag-ibig (Aquino) 
7.     Awit ng Paghahangad (Cenzon) 
8.     Awit ng Paghilom (Aquino) 
9.     Bawat Sandali (Gan, Francisco)
10.   Dakilang Pag-ibig (Pangilinan, Hontiveros) Stanzas 3 and 4 ang priority. 
11.   Gabing Kulimlim (Arboleda, Francisco) 
12.   Huwag Limutin (Aquino)
13.   Liwanag ng Aming Puso (Tagle, Hontiveros)
14.   Liwanagan Mo, Hesus (Aquino)
15.   Manalig Ka (Perez)
16.   Before the Sun Burned Bright (Schutte) 
17.   Far Greater Love (Go, Francisco)
18.   Be Not Afraid (Dufford)
19.   God of Love (Schutte)
20.  God of Silence (Francisco) 
21.   If I Could Touch You (Francisco)
22.  Jesus on the Cross (Go, Francisco) 
23.  Love is the Answer (Hannisian) 
24.  Lead Me, Lord (De Pano)
25.  Now We Remain (Haas) Medyo for Easter, though.
26.  On Eagle's Wings (Joncas)
27.  Only This I Want (Schutte) Best choice.

Recessional…
1.     Kinsa?
2.     Ang Tawag
3.     Ang Atong Tulubagon
4.     Mapapalad
5.     Happy Are the Ones (Schutte) 
6.     Life Forevermore (Ellerton, Francisco)

Please pray for me as I will take the entrance exam for SVD this coming September 22, 2012 at Trento, Agusan del Sur.  Have a blessed weekend brothers and sisters J

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please say what's on your mind....

SHOPEE 9.9 GRAND SALE

BUKAS PALAD SONGS

Vatican News - English

CBCPNews