7th Sunday in Ordinary Time – Year A
Liturgical Color: Green
|Valentines Day Sale at HeatAndCool.com! Free US Shipping. Shop Now!|
1R: Leviticus 19:1-8
1. Be holy, for I, the Lord your God am holy.
2. You shall love your neighbor as yourself.
RP:103 The Lord is kind and merciful.
2R: In 1 Corinthians 3:16-23, Paul wrote about
1. You are the temple of God, and the Spirit of God dwells in you. The temple of God, which you are, is holy.
2. The wisdom of this world is foolishness in the eyes of God. He catches the wise in their own ruses. The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are vain.
3. All belong to God ultimately.
G: The evangelist wrote about the Way of Love. Matthew 5:38-48 is about Jesus’ teaching about retaliation and the love of enemies.
1. Love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you.
2. For He makes His sun rise on the bad and the good.
3. Be perfect, just as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Song Line up suggestions
This has some similarities to the 2014 line up, of course.
1. Alay sa Kapwa (Esteban, Hontiveros) A little bit Lenten, though.
2. Buklod ng Pag-ibig (Pangilinan, Hontiveros)
3. Halina’t Umawit (Flores, Villaroman) “Pag-ibig N’ya’y tunay na walang hanggan”
4. Isang Pananampalataya (Santos, Hontiveros) Prioritize Stanza 3.
5. Sa Hapag ng Panginoon (Morano, Francisco) Stanza 2’s “Ang banal at makasalanan” is reminiscent of G2.
6. Sa Piging ng Panginoon (Tabuena, Hontiveros) “Upang matutong magmahalan sa pag-ibig na nakamtan” Best choice.
P of the G:
1. Pag-aalay ng Puso (Minsan Lamang) (Nero, Que)
2. Paghahandog ng Sarili (Ofrasio, Hontiveros) “Mag-utos Ka, Panginoon ko. Dagling tatalima ako.”
3. Paghahandog ng Sarili (Arboleda, Francisco)
4. Panalangin sa Pagiging Bukas-Palad (Arboleda & Francisco) “Loob Mo’y siyang sinusundan”
5. Panalanging Maging Bukas-Palad (Rodrigo & Ramirez)
6. Panginoon, Narito Ako (Isidro, Que) “Handa akong tupdin ang loob Mo.”
7. Sumasamo Kami (Judan) Sing Stanzas 1 and 3.
Gandahan ang Santo. Ask in advance if you can sing this in Latin/Gregorian chant.
1. Ang Mabuhay sa Pag-ibig (Tabuena, Hontiveros)
2. Dakilang Pag-ibig (Pangilinan, Hontiveros) This wouldn’t be too Lenten if you don’t sing Stanza 1. Sing Stanzas 2, 3, and 4 instead.
3. Diyos ay Pag-ibig. A little bit Lenten, though.
4. O Diyos, Iniibig Kita (Rodrigo, Hontiveros) A bit Lenten, though.
5. Pag-alabin Aming Puso (Francisco) Even though this is a bit Lenten, "kami'y turuang magmahal nang wakas" is so most exquisitely appropriate.
6. Sa Pag-ibig ng Panginoon (Ramirez) “Nawa tayo ay magiging matatatag sa ‘ting pag-ibig”
7. Sa ‘Yo Lamang (Borres, Gan, Francisco) “Pagtalima’y aking sumpa.”
8. Saan Kami Tutungo (Macalinao, Hontiveros)
1. Tanda ng Kaharian ng Diyos (Morano, Francisco) Priority ang Stanza 2.
2. Humayo Tayo (Pangilinan, Hontiveros)
3. Maliban na Mahulog sa Lupa. A bit Lenten, though.
4. Pananagutan (Hontiveros) Unfortunately, though, because of the word “namamatay” this song is too often associated by people with Lent. But I think it’s good kapag ang readings ay about love for others.
1. City of God (Schutte)
2. Glory and Praise to our God (Schutte) “trust in His ways”
3. Happy are the Ones (Schutte). Go straight to Stanza 2.
4. Lover of us All (Schutte) “The children of Your loving”
5. Praise the Lord, my Soul (Foley)
P of the G:
1. Dwelling Place (Foley) "May our lives be rooted in love, rooted in love." Best choice.
2. Prayer for Generosity (Arboleda) “I do Your Most Holy Will”
3. Prayer of Rupert Mayer (Francisco) “Because You will it, it is blest”
4. Take and Receive
5. Take, Lord, Receive (Foley)
6. Take our Bread (Wise) “We are Yours”
Holy: Sing your grandest Holy Holy. Magpaalam kayo kay Father kung pwedeng mag-Latin/Gregorian chant.
1. Breath of God (Hatch, Francisco) “Do what you would do; till my heart is pure”
2. Come to Me (Francisco) “Will know my peace; it shall be yours to carry on”
3. God of Love (Schutte)
4. God of silence (Francisco) Prioritize Stanza 2. “I mold your heart unto My image” is so “you must be perfect as your heavenly father is perfect”
5. I Love the Lord (Aquino) Stanza 3 ang priority.
6. Let there be Peace on Earth (Miller, Jackson)
7. Love is the Answer (Hanniisian) Stanza 2 ang priority.
8. Prayer of St. Francis (Temple) “love with all my soul”
R: Whichever E that won’t be used as entrance song